JAVA RPG Game maker allows you to quickly and easily create simple games using pictures, photographs or drawings as the scenes within the game, allowing you to make interesting and complex games with little or no programming knowledge.
The Sandbox Game Maker Alpha is free game design software that allows creators to build 3D voxel worlds from templates and speed the game development progress. Easy to use, and requires no programming knowledge. Unity is the ultimate game development platform. Use Unity to build high-quality 3D and 2D games, deploy them across mobile, desktop, VR/AR, consoles or the Web, and connect with loyal and enthusiastic players and customers. GameMaker is an easy to use card based development system which allows you to create simple adventure games with graphics, buttons, and text. Just draw the pictures, type some text, click a few.
The game maker will run on Windows, PC, MAC and Linux platforms. The 1.6 Java Runtime Environment or higher must be installed for the game maker to work.
Upload images to use as custom maps. Most traditional game making tools operate on the basis of tile drawing. You get a bunch of tools for creating a map using these tiles. Instead we have opted for a different approach, allowing you to upload your own custom background and foreground images that then form the main map that the in-game character will walk around.
Add touch and on-keypress events. A game wouldn't be a game without things happening. We allow you to be able to draw areas onto the maps that trigger some form of event. Events can include: Teleportation to a new map, display of a message box, answering of a question, or setting of a variable.
Customisable perspective. Most images have the concept of perspective. I.e. if someone was closer to you on the map then you would expect them to appear larger. We account for this by allowing you to set and test the perspective of each map, so that the character sprite dynamically changes size and move speed based on their location.
Customisable walkable area. The images you upload for the map wouldn't make much sense if the sprite was able to walk anywhere (tops of buildings, water, etc). So we allow you to draw onto the map to specify exactly where the character is allowed to walk and what they are able to interact with.
Save games as a package. You can save your created game as a packagable .game file. This allows you to share what you have made with friends who also have the game maker installed on their computer.
- Download and Install the Java Runtime Environment(Note: Skip this step if you already have it installed)
- Download the Game Maker .zip archive
- Extract the .zip archive to a location on your computer
- Open the extracted folder and click on 'Game_Maker.jar'
- For details on how to use the program, read the Starter User Manual
- View the full project documentation within Andrew Lee Ward's dissertation
- You can download some example games made here: (Note: Unzip and open these files with the game maker)
- Core Files
- Game Maker v1.8 Executable within .zip archive (.zip, 32.1MB)
- Game Maker v1.8 Java Source Code(.zip, 42.6MB)
- Starter User Manual(.PDF, 0.5MB)
- Full Project documentation(.PDF, 3.1MB)
- Example Games
- Final Fantasy 7 style game(.game, 18.6MB)
- Quiz style game(.game, 0.3MB)
- Cave factory game(.game, 1.5MB)
- Previous Versions
- No previous versions. v1.8 is the earliest public release.
This project was the final year univeristy project of Andrew Lee Ward from the University of Birmingham School of Computer Science.
This project is licenced under the MIT open source licence.
If you are using 32Bit Windows (WinXP/Vista (32bit)/7 (32bit)/8 (32bit)/10 (32bit)), please click below link to download and install the 32Bit Easy Video Maker.
- Easy Video Maker is 100% SAFE and CLEAN, which means it does not contain any form of malware, including but not limited to spyware, viruses, adware, trojans and backdoors. We don't require any personal info when you download and install the Easy Video Maker.
- Recommend downloading above 64Bit (.exe) version, Easy Video Maker (64Bit) required Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x64 redistributable package, if your computer doesn't have it, this version will auto-download and install it from Microsoft official website, but if your computer failed to download it from Microsoft official website, you could directlyfrom our website, then install it. Or you could download below 59.95MB version, we have built-in Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x64 redistributable package in this version, so don't need to download it from Microsoft official website again.
- At last, if your computer can't download .exe file from our website, you could download below 45.02MB(.zip) version, then unzip it on your computer, and will still get above 64Bit (.exe) version too.
Mac Software Video Editing
Free Video Game Making Software
How to Install
- Before you install, please make sure that you are logged on as Administrator or as a user with Administrator privileges. The installation wizard will guide you through the process, and finish in some seconds.
Free Game Making Software For Mac
Best New Mac Software
How to Update
- If you have installed a previous version of the software, please uninstall the previous version first, then install the new version. Doing this will retain your registration information.