A free, multiplatform, feature-rich screenwriting program!
Features and Functions: This freescreenwriting software Mac organize all components of your story and helps you to frame out your movie ideas. It is an exclusive software that helps to manage, create and edit screenplays on Mac. It is an amalgamation of simple user interface and powerful intuitive features. Slugline is a simple, Free Screenwriting Software tool for Mac. Use this tool to get auto format options and change the text, format, style of your writing to get a beautiful looking screenplay. Celtx does a great job of freeing you up to just focus on the production. We use the Multi-Column AV editor for planning and producing videos like InSight: Landing on Mars and really like the nodal-based storytelling of the Celtx game script editor as a new way to visualize interactive media. Slugline 2 for Mac. Free for the first six pages, then $49.99 USD to unlock Unlimited Writing and FDX export. Live Compare, Scene Numbering, Search and Replace, an all-new Timeline, and the drag-and-drop outline.
Trelby is simple, fast and elegantly laid out to make screenwriting simple. It is infinitely configurable.
Trelby is free software, that you can contribute to.
- Screenplay editor: Enforces correct script format and pagination, auto-completion, and spell checking.
- Multiplatform : Behaves identically on all platforms, generating the exact same output.
- Choice of view: Multiple views, including draft view, WYSIWYG mode, and fullscreen to suit your writing style.
- Name database: Character name database containing over 200,000 names from various countries.
- Reporting: Scene/location/character/dialogue reports.
- Compare: Ability to compare scripts, so you know what changed between versions.
- Import: Screenplay formatted text, Final Draft XML (.fdx), Celtx (.celtx), Fountain (.fountain), Adobe Story (.astx) and Fade In Pro (.fadein).
- Export: PDF, formatted text, HTML, RTF, Final Draft XML (.fdx) and Fountain (.fountain).
- PDF: Built-in, highly configurable PDF generator. Supports embedding your chosen font. Also supports generating PDFs with custom watermarks, to help track shared files.
- Free software: Licensed under the GPL, Trelby welcomes developers and screenwriters to contribute in making it more useful.
Excited? Take the screenshot tour, or download it and give it a test. It's free!
Like what you hear, and want to help? Get involved!
Find us on twitter as @TrelbyOrg, on Google+, and on Facebook.
A massive update to the best-reviewed screenwriting app for Mac.
Dark Mode. Drag-and-drop Outline. Timeline. Automatic formatting. Colored notes.
Live Compare. FDX import/export. Free for shorts.
Start Writing for Free
Slugline 2 is a free download, and works without watermarks or limitations until you pass page six, at which point you can upgrade to Unlimited Writing. Kick the tires at no cost — or, if all you write is short films, never pay a dime!
The Darkest Timeline
Slugline 2 has dark mode. And a completely new design that maintains Slugline’s beloved no-buttons simplicity, while providing quick access to formatting options, the Outline Navigator, and the new Timeline, which gives you a bird’s-eye view of your structure and pacing.
A4 paper support
Easier title pages
Courier Prime Sans for writing
Preferences for new document settings
Auto-save all the time
Slugline 2 uses Fountain, a plain-text screenplay format that’s free, open, and compatible with everything.
Slugline 2 produces beautiful, industry-standard paper and PDF screenplays, with perfect pagination.
And Slugline 2 works with Slugline for iPhone and iPad. Sync your work over iCloud or Dropbox, and write wherever, whenever.
download free, software For Mac
Slugline 2 for Mac
Free Script Writing Software Mac
Free for the first six pages, then $49.99 USD to unlock Unlimited Writing and FDX export. Live Compare, Scene Numbering, Search and Replace, an all-new Timeline, and the drag-and-drop outline.
iPhone & iPad
Write and edit your screenplay on your iPhone. Slugline for iOS/iPadOS is fully compatible with Mac, sharing files on iCloud and Dropbox. But it also works on its own, creating perfect Hollywood-standard print and PDF output.