Parents will always worry about what their children watch on the internet through their computers. Most teenagers are sneaky and could continuously watch harmful content without their parents' knowledge, which later affects their behaviour due to psychological disturbances. However, there is a way to turn around such scenarios or problems to benefit such adolescents by redirecting their paths in life through screen recording with free screen capture software.
PC screen recording is quite entertaining because your children and family members can record presentations and educational videos that they can watch later to correct their behaviour, and share with you as soon as you live work, as well as age mates. Similarly, you may run into a non-downloadable motivational clip while away for business or seminar and record it to share with them, to inspire them to do better in life. To achieve this, you need the best screen capture software for Windows 10 in 2020. There are multiple such tools including Camtasia and Movavi. Unfortunately, these are costly, and unfavourable for purchase during tough financial times. This article will inform you of the best free screen capture software, which does not require spending and that you can acquire at any moment.
Four of the 5 free video capture software, namely Screencast-O-Matic, OBS, Debut Video Capture, and Apowersoft, sync webcam and screen recording allowing users to make webcam recordings as well. OBS (Open Broadcaster Software) is free and open source software for video recording and live streaming. Stream to Twitch, YouTube and many other providers or record your own videos with high quality H264 / AAC encoding. This is Apple’s free video editing software, and it runs on both Mac OS and iOS platforms, so you can do you video editing just about wherever you go. For hobbyist and amateur filmmakers, Apple iMovie will have approachable tools to help you easily take your footage and edit a video with a clear flow.
1. Free Cam
- TinyTake is a free screen capture & video recording software for Microsoft Windows & Mac. With TinyTake, you can capture images and videos of your computer screen, add comments and share them with others in minutes. TinyTake is built by MangoApps.
- Related: 10 Best Video & Photo Editing Software for Mac Professionals. Monosnap is a free Mac screen recording software coming with the option of turning on your webcam, mic, and system’s audio all before the recording. You can your Mac’s inbuilt camera or an external camera for the recordings on the software.
This is one of the best free screen capture software that you will find quite helpful when it comes to recording your screen. The software is quite easy to download, and the developers will not ask you to provide any irrelevant details to reach the download link. The interface is also quite intuitive, and you will find all the features very easily accessible.
As soon as you open the app, a dialogue box will appear up providing you with the option of New Recording or Browse to open an old recording for some tweaks. When you click New Recording, it will give you a screen selector that you can drag according to the area that you want to capture.
You will also get to set the screen resolution, and you can record up to 1080p. The video quality that you will get will be crisp, and you will also get to set the keyboard shortcuts to start/stop the recording. The software will also allow you to record the cursor movements along with the clicks.
- There will be no watermarks or ads throughout the recording.
- The video recording will not have any time limit.
- The system rounds and mic input will be recorded.
- The video quality will go all the way up to full HD.
- You can export video to your storage or upload it to YouTube right from the interface.
- Also gives you the option to reduce background noise.
- There is also a long list of audio effects to choose from.
Screencast-O-Matic is one of the most reliable free screen capture software since it allows people to speed up their footage. It also comes with a built-in video editor, which enables you to modify recordings to make them more attractive and entertaining. Editing features like the addition of music are great options where the video's audio has no use. Similarly, incorporating blurs in the clips ensure that you help viewers focus and understand the most important aspects. Most professionals or entertainment fans prefer using this tool because it further allows users to share videos on YouTube, without necessarily downloading it.
- It is compatible with Mac and Windows computers
- It has varieties of editing options, such as adding images, blurs, titles, and music
- It compresses clips to desired sizes
- It stores the clips in a range of formats
- It exports screen capture to various cloud platforms like Google Drive and sites like YouTube quickly.
- It does a webcam recording too.
- It limits your screen recording time to a maximum of 15 minutes
- The quality of the video captured is always lower.
- The free version puts a watermark on your captured videos
- The free version does not allow adjustment of the higher and lower quality recording
3. OBS Studio
This powerful and free video capture software makes screencasting intuitive and so it is among the most reliable tools for Windows 10. Open Broadcaster Software has a clean and easy to read interface that enables the addition of images and sources, specific windows and capture cards, among other items. It also has interesting features like real-time audio and video mixing. The easy to use audio mixer ensures that you can exclude noises through suppression. Additionally, it allows streaming to websites like Facebook Live, YouTube Live, Hitbox, and Twitch. When screen capturing, the software allows you to select your monitor's resolution.
- It is an open-source and free cross-platform
- It allows users to do real-time video streaming from majorities of the streaming video platforms
- It enhances functionality through over 20 plugins
- It supports multiple filters
- It gives users the freedom to video record, without time limitations, making it perfect for long-time recording
- It syncs webcam
- It is dysfunctional in Windows XP
- It is impossible to link the audio file as a source.
- It is not suitable for beginners since it requires some technical knowledge
- It is slow and the streaming quality is quite disappointing.
- It can drop out if the internet becomes weak.
4. Debut Video Capture
Debut Video Capture is among the best free screen capture software that allows you to record all Windows 10 happenings. It has the ability to capture microphone sound, allowing you to make demonstration clips without audio recording. Despite having an odd interface, it is user friendly as the elements are well labelled so that new users can navigate them easily. This tool gives you unlimited recording time and does not apply watermarks to your clips. Additionally, it provides Windows screen recording options; you can use the entire virtual desktop, draw a rectangle of the recording area, or select under the cursor.
- It is compatible with several formats like LLV, MP4, MOV, WMV, and 3GP
- It gives users unlimited recording time
- It is effective in security systems since it also records from external cameras
- It enables users to schedule their recording
- The quality of the clips remains intact having not been compromised
- It is customizable and easy to work with
- It does not edit recording due to lack of editing features
- It cannot upload clips to platforms like YouTube for sharing
- The interface appears outdates, making it unattractive
- It is a slow software considering that uploading videos take a while
Professionals consider ShareX as one of the best screen capture software for Windows because it is a small-installation based program, making it a lightweight. Therefore, this open-source free screen capture software frees the space in your PC, enabling you to use it constructively with other matters. It has multiple capture modes feature that diversify how you quickly take screenshots of any region, window or the entire screen. Additionally, it records your screen in two forms, GIF and video. With the built-in image editor, you can make your screenshots interesting before using the automatic upload feature to upload them online instantly.
Free Screen Recording And Video Editing Software For Mac 10 9 5
- It comes with editing tools
- It does video recording in high-quality
- All features, which are useful and important, are freely available
- It allows you to record screen video and audio and take screenshots on more than one monitor.
- It perfectly facilitates quick sharing of videos, GIFs, and screenshots through the auto-upload feature, which uploads them to your server
- It allows customization of the shortcut key to bind your command
- It is impossible for Instagram users to sync it with the site.
- The Customization of the recording settings is quite cumbersome.
- It is complicated and thus not recommended for beginners
Apowersoft, a free screen capture software, allows you to capture your Windows 10 screen without challenges. To begin with, it does not need the installation of computer software since it is a web-based free video capture software. It has a cheerful and clear interface that is quite easy to understand, making it appropriate for beginners and learning children. Due to its multiple capabilities and tools, this software offers numerous editing and capturing features, such as timed video screen recording. The ability to share the screen in Facebook and Twitter posts and also email image files helps users in sharing crucial entertaining content.
- It does not have recording time limitations
- It supports webcam as well as screen video recording
- There are multiple video exporting options
- It allows usage of FHD and HD output formats
- It handles full image editing. You can include shapes, arrows, and text, apply effects such as pixelate, sharpen and blur, and rotate, resize, crop, and add borders.
- It allows users to share screen recordings in Facebook and Twitter, and email attached image file
- It demands a very stable internet connection
- It is not beneficial to game players since it is not appropriate for game recording
- It cannot capture on a secondary monitor
If you are looking for a free screen capture software windows 10 that can provide you with the basic functionality and you don't have to dig in the features to find something, CamStudio can be one of the choices that you can make. It's not very bulky software, and you can install it with some very simple steps.
The software is also quite needed by the users who aren't going to edit their videos intensely. Like some previous ones on this list, CamStudio is also an opensource application, and you will get all the features free.
As you will open the application, the dialogue box will show you all the options right upfront. If you are looking for a screen recorder that can also provide editing capabilities, this one is not for you.
There is one thing that you need to take care of, and it's that before the setup file is downloaded, it will ask you for some surveys, you should deny everything as it may download some malware on your system.
- The videos that you are created will primarily be in AVI format. However, later you can convert them into SWF.
- This software will allow you to record screen-in-screen video.
- The files/videos that you will render using CamStudio can be saved in small sizes.
- You will also get to set a custom cursor/pointer, and it will be very helpful in recording tutorials.
- The animation/transition effects are present but are very limited.
- You will also get to record your audio.
The screen recording can't get simpler than this. The interface that ScreenRec is offering you will be very intuitive, and you will get to understand all of it without any problem easily. It is also free software, and you will not need to pay a single penny to access all the features.
There will be no ads or restricted access, and you will get to record the screen quite easily. If you are looking for a recorder for your professional needs, i.e., to host business meetings, this one offers that functionality as well. You should note one thing that ScreenRec doesn't offer you any editing tools whatsoever.
The recorder will also allow you to add separate audio input so that you can add crisp voice-overs for the tutorial or presentation that you are recording. ScreenRec will be available for all the operating systems, including Linux. Apart from not providing any editing tools, you will also not be able to record your webcam footage.
- The video that will be recorded will be in full HD, providing you with all the details intact.
- You will also be able to take the screenshots and annotate them to clear what you are saying.
- The format will be MP4, and it will allow you to play the footage on any device.
- System sounds will also be recorded along with the mic.
- The application will also allow you to share the video with your team by creating a link. You will also get 2GB cloud storage included.
- The recorder is free, and you will also not get any ads using any feature.
It is also one of the applications that come with a very user-friendly interface, and all the features are easily accessible. If you are wondering if it’s supported on your operating system, we are sorry to disappoint you, but it’s supported only on Windows. The features that are offered here will allow you to record & upload videos in no time, and it’s the reason that Ezvid is quite popular among gamers and YouTube creators.
The feature set this application has to offer will allow you to draw while you are recording. It will be a very helpful feature for all the teachers out there.
The final video will be exported in the WMV format, which will be a bit bulkier, but you will get to maintain the original quality that you have recorded. Before you ask, yes, this one is also absolutely free, and you will not need to spend a single penny to access all the features.
- The video can be captured up to 1080p.
- The interface is designed in a very sleek design that you will be able to understand quite easily.
- The application also includes a wide range of audio tracks.
- You can increase or decrease the speed of the recorded footage.
- The editor will also allow you to add videos & pictures from your device to the recorded video.
- There will be no watermark or ads, and you will also get to record the webcam footage.
From the above analysis of the 5 best screen capture software for Windows, the most basic similarities are that they are all free for use and need a reliable internet connection for full functionality. So, you do not have to spend money to use them so long as you have good internet. Four of the 5 free video capture software, namely Screencast-O-Matic, OBS, Debut Video Capture, and Apowersoft, sync webcam and screen recording allowing users to make webcam recordings as well. However, they lack recommendable built-in editors and limit users' recording time, making them unsuitable for game recording and professional use by teachers and office personnel. Eventually, the only best free screen capture software that you should consider is Wondershare DemoCreator.
DemoCreator Highlights Introduction
Windows Movie Maker
DemoCreator Software is considered the best screen capture software for Windows 10 in 2020 because it is designed to record any desktop activities, including motivational and educational videos, and presentations. Once it captures that media content it saves the videos in various formats, making them suitable for playback in multiple players.
DemoCreator stands out because it is suitable for professionals and beginners and comes with pleasant beneficial features. The most interesting feature is the powerful built-in editor that helps with the manipulation of recordings to makes them attractive. The editing tools include changeable cursor effects that allows adjustment of cursor size, shape, and color. The annotations enable the addition of multiple elements such as texts. With the tutorial features, you can draw circles or use arrows to explain your recording content.
Recording simultaneously through 2 devices, the webcam, and camera, is also interesting. You can also perfectly record fast-paced games using this free video capture software, due to 15-120 FPS in Windows and up to 60FPS when using Mac. Using the picture in picture feature, you can include a second video or image, such as a gaming facecam, to your footage. DemoCreator further gives you the option to record part or all of the screen. You may also export your recording to multiple formats such that sharing on social media and with friends will not be a problem.
To enjoy all the above features unlimitedly, DemoCreator will cost some money. However, this should not discourage you because the price is pocket friendly and gives you access to all corners of the software, as well as the privilege of acquiring a non-watermarked clip. These features are very important for screen recording as well as office use. Generally, getting DemoCreator will benefit you both at home and at work.
Screencast-O-Matic, Open Broadcaster Software, Debut Video Capture, ShareX, and Apowersoft may be the best free screen capture software that your kids need to screen record important clips. However, DemoCreator is the ultimate best screen capture software for Windows 10 in 2020 because it screen records fast-paced games as well, provides a full editing suite, allows webcam recording that enables you to use the picture in picture feature effectively, and exports in multiple formats to facilitate sharing. The small price that you pay for it will hardly bother you as soon as you begin using DemoCreator at home and work.