- Classic Environment Mac Download
- Download Classic Environment For Mac Os X
- Download Mac Classic Environment Download
Note: The Classic environment is not supported in Mac OS X 10.5 and later, nor will it work on Intel-based Macs.
Mac OS X is more robust than previous versions of MacOS, but it is not compatible with some older Mac programs. TheClassic environment involves Mac OS 9 running as an application withinsome versions of Mac OS X, allowing you to use your olderapplications. However, applications running in the Classic environmentcannot take advantage of the new features in Mac OS X, such asprotected memory. Thus, when one Classic application crashes, itfrequently causes all other Classic applications, as well as theClassic environment itself, to crash.
Classic Environment Mac Download
To run the Classic environment, you must have Mac OS 9.1 or laterinstalled on your computer and selected in the Mac OS X
Classic system preference panel. To activate the Classicenvironment in Mac OS X:
Download Classic Environment For Mac Os X
- Log into Mac OS X.
- From the Apple menu, select System Preferences....
- In System Preferences, from the View menu, selectClassic.
- In the
Classicsystem preference window, click theStart/Stop tab.
- If no system folder is selected, under 'Select a system folder forClassic:', choose your Mac OS 9 system folder.
- If you would like Classic to start automatically when you loginto your account, check Start Classic whenyou login.
Download Mac Classic Environment Download
Once you have set up the Classic environment, you can start it byclicking Start.