The VMware Fusion and Workstation team is excited to announce the release of our 20H2 Technology Previewfeaturing the first drop of our DirectX 11 support!
I wonder how I download directx on my macbook pro. I have tested to do it with crossover but it doesen't seem to be working. (10.6.3), Mac os X 10.6.3 snow.
Quick links to the bits:
- Directx 7 free download - Easy Duplicate Finder 7 Mac, Adobe Flash Player, Apple Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5 Supplemental Update, and many more programs.
- The flagship feature is support for DirectX in virtual Windows machines via Apple's proprietary Metal graphics API. Other additions include a handful of new macOS Catalina-related features and improvements to transitions between Mac and Windows software running on the same machine.
Fusion Pro for Mac
Mac Directx 11
Benchmark ran with Radeon 5500M with 4GB of video ram assigned to the VM, Window was 2560×1440 on a 4K external display
- Provides support for DirectX 11 (Direct3D v11) and OpenGL 4.1 graphics capabilities in the guest operating systems! Obviously DX11 is Windows guest only, but OpenGL 4.1 applies to Linux guests as well.
- Hundreds of new games and applications can now run in Fusion and Workstation!
Increased Hardware Maximums: MONSTER VMS
- Both Fusion and Workstation Tech Preview 20H2 support up to 32 processors and up to 128GB of RAM per virtual machine, as well as 4GB of shared graphics memory
Sandboxed Graphics Processes
- We’ve dramatically enhanced virtual machine security by using a special non-root “sandbox” process for rendering 3d hardware assisted graphics. This further isolates the Guest VM operations from the Host, significantly reducing the viability of privilege escalation to the host.
Improved External GPU support
- Host rendering engine now takes full advantage of eGPU capabilities
- Special thanks to the community for the feedback on this!
To get started with DX11, VMware Tools needs to be upgraded, and the Virtual Hardware Compatibility version must be set to v18. Existing VMs can be upgraded by adjusting the virtual hardware compatibility while the VM is powered off. After power-on, you can then upgrade VMware tools as you normally would. With new VMs you may need to manually set the virtual hardware version to v18 before installing, so double check.
Directx Download For Pc
Committed to our users, we’ve been working hard on this feature for many years, and so we welcome your feedback!
Directx Download Mac
Let us know your experience! Does your favourite game work? Glitchy? Looks perfect? Help us improve by sharing in our Fusion Tech Preview Community Forums or our Workstation Tech Preview Community Forum