Solutions to Adobe Catalina 64-bit Compatibility Problem
Creative Cloud versions. Adobe Creative Suite 3 through 6 (CS3–CS6) Adobe Creative Suite 2 (CS2) Do not upgrade until everything you use is ready. Caution: For macOS 10.15 Catalina, it is particularly important that you research which applications you have on your Mac before you click that Upgrade button. The longer you’ve been using a Mac. Mac users who have recently upgraded to macOS Catalina (10.15) might be facing some issues when using the Creative Cloud desktop app. Learn how to resolve disruption to Creative Cloud desktop app workflows on macOS Catalina (10.15).
- Creative Cloud for desktop is a great place to start any creative project. Quickly launch and update your desktop apps; manage and share your assets stored in Creative Cloud; download fonts from Adobe Typekit or high-quality royalty-free assets right within the app; and showcase and discover creative.
- Adobe Creative Cloud 2021 product manually by leaving it in the Adobe Zipature or just pressing the patch. According to an earlier version, Zip 4.4.6 has fixed Ai Ae crash issues if not with and without a network account.
- Adobe Photoshop 2020 21.1.3 Free Download For Mac includes all the necessary files to run perfectly on your system, uploaded program contains all latest and updated files, it is full offline or standalone version of Adobe Photoshop 2020 21.1.3 Free Download For Mac for compatible versions of macOS, download link at the end of the post.
The easiest solution to this Adobe Catalina problem is updating all the Adobe apps to their 64-bit compliant versions. However, all the older 32-bit Adobe apps might not be compatible with the 64-bit architecture and in this case. It's best to continue using the macOS versions which are recommended for them.
Best Alternatives for Adobe Apps Which Are Compatible With macOS Catalina / Big Sur
Adobe has also revealed that all of its applications have not been tested for compatibility with Catalina. Creative Cloud apps or Acrobat DC are some of the biggest examples of such apps which are hanging from a thin string in the Adobe and Catalina debate.
Some of the other apps which are facing compatibility concerns are Presenter Video Express, Adobe Captivate, Speedgate and Fuse. HOWEVER, the same cannot be said about the rest of the applications mentioned above.
In this case, users can switch over to newer apps which offer similar functionality and are compatible with the changed OS of Apple platform.
- If your Adobe is not working on Mac, then you can switch over the 32-bit Creative Suite of Apps to Creative Cloud.
- Users of Adobe Fuse on the other hand can move over with Mixamo.
- Users of Adobe Presenter Video Express can feel well at ease after switching over to Adobe Captivate.
By now, it seems no problem for Adobe premiere on Catalina, but - if you have installed some 32-bit plug-ins on Premiere, they'll not be able to use. You are still likely in need of alternatives for this video editor or the plug-ins and wait for the Adobe Catalina problem totally gets solved.
Try VideoProc - the Well Compatible and All-purpose Video Software for Mac
VideoProc is an excellent tool of Digiarty which can help users with an easy transition into the macOS Catalina (and even Big Sur, soon). This all-in-one software can be of great assistance in meeting various video conversion, editing, downloading and recording needs on your macOS. Whether you are trying to solve the problem when you can't import MOV file into Adobe Premiere, to merge multiple small clips into the creation of a Facebook story, or to trim a big clip into short and more interesting ones, VideoProc can get it all done for you in a seamless manner.
VideoProc is compatible with all the mainstream macOS versions as well as Catalina (10.15).
Let's now take a look at some of the features which sets VideoProc apart from its peer video editing tools available in the market:
- It supports level-3 hardware acceleration which guarantees super smooth video transcoding and editing in 4K format without undergoing any quality loss.
- Shaky footages captured by iPhone and GoPro can be stabilised easily using VideoProc to render a seamless and professional grade finish to the same.
- Users can protect the authenticity of their documents by watermarking their videos with logos, texts, images as well as timecodes.
- VideoProc allows its users to add multiple preset visual filters and effects like Mirror, Grayscale, Painting, Edge as well as Sharpen. It also becomes possible to make adjustment of image brightness, colors, hue, contrast, saturation and gamma.
- It becomes possible for users to enable, disable and even export movie subtitles after making the selection of subtitle language. Users can add external subtitle files to their videos and also search for the subtitles online.
- VideoProc makes it easy for users to mirror flip their videos both vertically and horizontally. The frames can also be rotated in clockwise and anti-clockwise direction to 90, 180 and 270 degrees.
VideoProc has already gained a massive fan following amongst its users who simply can’t get enough out of its massive potential. Such popularity has led its manufactures to the expansion of this software for covering both video and audio editing pretty soon.
Can I use my Adobe apps in macOS Catalina 10.15?
We've updated most current apps to 64-bit architecture. The following versions work in Catalina, but have these known issues.
|Adobe app||Version(s) compatible with Catalina|
|Adobe Creative Cloud apps||2020|
|Acrobat Pro & Standard DC||2019 (subscription or non-subscription)|
|Adobe Acrobat Pro & Standard 2017||2017|
|Adobe Digital Editions||4.5|
|Adobe Photoshop Elements||2020|
|Adobe Premiere Elements||2020|
Most older Adobe apps were created using 32-bit architecture and do not work in Catalina. We have no plans to update apps that we no longer support or develop. The following table lists some common 32-bit Adobe apps that are not compatible with Catalina. (It is not a comprehensive list of all older 32-bit Adobe apps.)
|Adobe Product||Status and alternatives|
|Creative Cloud apps – 2018 release and earlier||No updates planned. We recommend that you upgrade to the latest release of Creative Cloud apps.|
|Captivate||Update scheduled end of 2019|
|Creative Suite apps||No updates planned. We recommend that you upgrade to Creative Cloud.|
|Fuse||No updates planned. Find free characters on Mixamo.|
|Presenter Video Express||No updates planned. We recommend moving to Adobe Captivate.|
|SpeedGrade||No updates planned. Certain features have been integrated into Premiere Pro, which is 64-bit compliant.|
Uninstall 32-bit apps before upgrading to Catalina
Before you upgrade to Catalina, we recommend that you uninstall your 32-bit Adobe apps. Older uninstallers are also 32-bit apps and don't work in Catalina.
If you already upgraded to Catalina, you can use the Creative Cloud Cleaner tool to uninstall older versions of Creative Cloud apps.
If you've kept Acrobat DC or Creative Cloud apps up to date, they are already 64-bit compliant.
You can update your apps using the Creative Cloud desktop app. See how to update your apps to the latest versions.
Creative Cloud Download Mac Catalina Patcher
Are there issues using current Adobe apps in Catalina?
See the following documents for known issues with Adobe apps and macOS Catalina:
- Enterprise: Known issues with Creative Cloud packages on macOS Catalina