- Download Windows For Mac Free
- Can You Download Windows 10 On Mac
- Can You Download Windows 10 Installer On A Mac
- Can I Download Windows 10 On Mac
- Can You Download Windows 10 On A Macbook Pro
- Windows 10 Download For Macbook Air
- Can You Download Minecraft Windows 10 Edition On Mac
Mac vs Windows. Windows vs Mac. Why choose if you can get the best of both worlds by dual booting? Install Windows on Mac so you can jump back and forth from one operating system to another on the same computer.
By now, the practice is well-established and Windows can work on Mac well. In this article, we’ll have a deep look at installing Windows on Mac. Don’t worry, we’ll have your back the whole way through!
This wikiHow teaches you how to install Windows 10 on your Mac using Boot Camp. Before you can install Windows 10 on your Mac, you must first download the Windows 10 installation file from Microsoft's website. Ensure that your Mac meets. Here, you can choose whether to load MacOS or Boot Camp (aka Windows 10). Click on your partition of choice, then click the arrow underneath it or press Return. If you prefer to load Windows. Video Star Download For Windows 7, 8, 10 and Mac. Moreover, Video Star only available for iOS and Android devices. Which means there is no official version available for PC. But we install Bluestaks android emulator to PC and install Video Star on that android emulator. Hence, you can run the Video Star app on your computer without any issue.
Boot Camp for Mac vs virtualization software
If you want to install Windows on your Mac, you have two options. You can either use Mac Boot Camp, a native feature of the macOS operating system, or you can use a third party virtualization program. Both methods have their own pros and cons, so let’s dive in.
Boot Camp is built into the operating system of all Macs. If you go to your Applications > Utilities folder, you’ll see the Boot Camp Assistant app. It makes the separate partition on your hard drive for installing and running Windows. Once Windows is installed in Boot Camp, every time you turn on your Mac, you will be asked to choose the operating system you want to run. This means that in order to switch from macOS to Windows, you need to reboot your computer.
- built into your operating system
- easy to use — Boot Camp Assistant guides you through the installation process
- puts less strain on your Mac’s memory and processing power
- completely free (not Windows of course)
- easy to update
- you need to reboot your computer to switch between the systems
- transferring data between operating systems isn’t easy
Virtualization programs are third-party applications that allow to install a separate operating system on one machine. They run like any other app on your Mac, so you can see the entire Windows desktop within a window on your computer.
Among the most popular virtualization programs are VirtualBox, Parallels, and VMware. Each one has its peculiarities, but we’ll try to sum up what they have in common.
- you can run both operating systems at the same time
- easy file integration between systems
- you need at least 8 GB of RAM for Mac to run smoothly
- virtualization apps are not cheap
- updates are not free
Depending on your specific needs, you can choose the option that works best for you. But we suggest using Boot Camp. It’s a free native feature of your operating system, running directly on your hardware. Therefore, it will be faster than any other method. And below, you’ll find all information on how to run Boot Camp on your Mac.
How to use Boot Camp: Preparing your Mac
1. Check the system requirements
Some versions of Windows require a certain processor and more hard drive space than the others. Therefore, you have to check the documentation that came with your copy of Windows to learn what you need.
You also need to make sure that your Mac is compatible with the version of Windows you want to install. For instance, Windows 10 is supported on these models:
- MacBook (2015 and later)
- MacBook Pro (2012 and later)
- MacBook Air (2012 and later)
- iMac (2012 and later)
- Mac Mini (2012 and later)
2. Clean up your hard drive
You need to have at least 55 GB of free disk space on your startup drive for installing Windows on a Mac. And if you don’t feel like spending the next several hours cleaning your Mac manually, you can use a powerful utility CleanMyMac X to find and remove all the junk from your startup disk.
CleanMyMac has everything to finish the 3-hour task of cleaning your hard drive in less than 5 minutes. It will scan every inch of your system and remove gigabytes of junk in two clicks. By the way, CleanMyMac finds about 75 GB of junk on average — more than enough for a smooth Windows installation.
Here’s how to clean your Mac with CleanMyMac X:
- Download CleanMyMac here.
- Run the app and click Scan.
- Click Run.
That’s it! Gigabytes of junk are gone from your computer forever.
3. Back up your Mac
Finally, you should also perform a backup of your Mac in case something goes wrong. Although, it happens very rarely, it’s always better to back up your important data. There are a few methods of backing up your Mac, so choose the most convenient one for you.
You can make automatic backups with Time Machine — software that comes with your Mac. It backs up all data, so you can recover individual files or your entire system from your backups. You may also store files in iCloud and access them whenever you need. iCloud comes with 5 GB of free storage but you can upgrade it any time. If you have an external storage device, you can copy some files and folders on it.
We do recommend you to back up your Mac before installing Windows as it minimizes the chance of losing important data.
How to Install Windows with Boot Camp
Here’s how to install Boot Camp. The installation can be a little time consuming, but it is by no means difficult. Check out the details below.
Step 1: Get a Windows disk image
First of all, you need to get the Windows disk image (ISO file) from the Microsoft website. Here’s how to download it:
- Visit the Windows 10 disk image download website.
- Go to the Select edition menu and choose Windows 10.
- Click Confirm.
- Choose the language of installation and click Confirm.
- Click 64-bit Download and then click Save.
The ISO file now will be downloaded to your Mac.
Step 2: Open Boot Camp Assistant
Boot Camp Assistant guides you through installing Windows on your Mac. You just have to follow the onscreen instructions. To launch the Boot Camp Assistant, go to Applications > Utilities folder. Click continue and Boot Camp for Mac will automatically locate the ISO file on your system.
Step 3: Create a partition for Windows
When you are done with the Assistant, your Mac restarts to the Windows installer. When you are asked where you want to install Windows, choose the BOOTCAMP partition and click Format.
*Note that this step is only required if you’re using a flash drive or optical drive to install Windows. In other cases, the right partition will be selected and formatted for you automatically.
Step 4: Install Windows
To finish the installation, you have to follow the onscreen instructions. Take a long breath — the next 12 steps may seem like climbing Everest, but it’s much easier than you think. Here’s how to install Windows on a Mac:
- Choose your ISO file and click the Install button.
- Type your Password and click OK. You will see the Windows Setup screen.
- Select your language.
- Click Install Now.
- Type your product key if you have it. Otherwise, click 'I don’t have a product key'.
- Select Windows 10 Pro or Windows Home and then click Next.
- Click Drive 0 Partition X: BOOTCAMP.
- Click Next. Windows 10 will be installed.
- When the Setup screen appears, click either Use Express Settings or Customize Your Installation. We recommend you to choose the Customize button and disable most, if not all of the switches.
- Then you’ll be asked to create an account. Type a username. You can also add a password if you want.
- Click Next.
- Choose whether you want to use the Cortana personal assistant or not. You can disable it by clicking Not Now button.
Windows will boot fully so you can use it normally.
On the Welcome to Boot Camp Installer box, click Next and accept the terms in the license agreement. Then click Install to proceed. When the installer completes, click Finish to reboot your machine.
Step 5: Restart your Mac
By default, your Mac will still boot to macOS. To access Windows, you have to turn your Mac off and then turn it on while holding the Option (Alt) key. You will be asked from which drive you’d like to boot.
Note that while in Windows, the Mac’s Command key functions as the Windows key, while the Option key functions as the Alt key. If you have a Touch Bar, you’ll see a complete set of buttons, similar to the Control Strip in macOS.
How to remove Windows from your Mac
If for some reasons you don’t need Windows anymore, you can permanently remove it from your Mac. Follow these steps:
- Boot into macOS, launch Boot Camp Assistant and click Continue.
- Choose 'Remove Windows 7 or later version' or 'Remove Windows 10 or later version'.
- Click Restore when you see the Restore Disk to a Single Volume option.
The Boot Camp Assistant will automatically remove Windows from your Mac.
Warning: All data, including software and files, stored on the Windows partition will be deleted, so make the backup copies first.
That may seem like a lot of steps, but it doesn’t take all that long to install Windows on a Mac. Now you can enjoy two operating systems and switch between them right when you need. Cheers!
These might also interest you:
- 1. Mac Files Tips
- 2. Mac Software
- 3. Mac Storage Tips
- 4. Mac Troubleshooting
- 5. Mac OS
by Jenefey AaronUpdated on 2020-04-13 / Update for Mac OS
If you have a Mac system but want to run Windows on that system, you will need to create Windows 10 bootable USB on Mac for PC. Even if the Mac system uses Mac OS, you can still run Windows on it this way. Also, if you have got a new PC this way, you can install Windows on it.
In a case wherein the hard drive on the PC has been replaced, you will have to reinstall Windows on it. These are just some reasons as to why you may have to create bootable Windows 10 USB on Mac. This article will detail five different methods to create bootable USB Windows 10 on Mac.
Part 1: Can You Create a Windows Bootable USB on Mac
Wondering about, can you create a Windows bootable USB on Mac? You can easily do this with the help of the methods listed out in this article. Follow these methods to easily make bootable USB Mac Windows 10. These methods will answer all your questions about how to make a Windows 10 bootable USB on Mac.
[5 Methods] How to Create Windows 10 Bootable USB on Mac Mojave
Method 1: Make Windows Bootable USB Mac with PassFab 4WinKey
Thinking about how do I create a bootable USB drive for Mac easily? PassFab 4WinKey is an incredible tool that can be used to make Windows bootable USB on Mac. It can be used for several other purposes as well, like for removing or resetting the Windows Admin password. You can know how to create Windows 10 bootable USB on Mac using this tool by following the steps given below.
- After installing the program on your system, launch it, and insert a USB to it.
Click on “USB Flash Drive” from the main interface and then on “Burn”.
Once done, click on “OK” on the pop-up window.
This is how simple it is to make bootable Windows 10 USB Mac with the help of this tool.
Download Windows For Mac Free
Method 2: Use UNetbootin to Install USB Driver on Mac
UNetbootin is a Windows 10 USB tool Mac that is completely free to use and can be used in a scenario wherein you have to make bootable USB Windows 10 on Mac system. For this, you need to keep a USB with the .iso file downloaded in it. Follow the steps below to know how you can use this program to know how to make a bootable USB Windows 10 on Mac.
- Connect the USB drive with the .iso file to your Mac system.
- From “Disk Utility,” click on your USB drive.
- Click on “Disk Image” and then on the “...” icon and select the .iso file that you have downloaded.
- Select “USB Drive” from the drop-down menu in front of “Type” and also select the name of your USB drive.
Once done, click on “OK”.
Wait for a few minutes, and the USB would be formatted to a bootable drive.
Method 3: Use Boot Camp Assistant on Mac
If you wish to know how to make a bootable USB Windows 10 on Mac using Boot Camp Assistant, read on. You will need to have a USB drive with a storage capacity of 16 GB or more for this method to work. You can use the following steps to know how to make a Windows 10 bootable USB on Mac using Bootcamp Assistant.
- After inserting the USB drive into your Mac system, launch “Boot Camp Assistant”.
Only check “create a Windows 7 or later version install disk” and ignore all other options and then click on “Continue”.
Download the .iso file from a trusted source, which will be detected automatically by Boot Camp Assistant and then click on “Continue”.
After Boot Camp Assistant is done, check if USB deive has been renamed WININSTALL. Tap 'Quit' to close app and then eject the USB drive.
Can You Download Windows 10 On Mac
After a few minutes, the process would have been completed. However, you cannot use this method if you have macOS Mojave or other later versions of macOS.
Method 4: Use Terminal to Make Bootable USB on Mac
This is the most complicated method out of all the methods described above and, therefore, must only be used as a last resort. You will need a USB drive for this method to work. Use the steps given below to create a Windows 10 bootable USB on Mac using Terminal.
Can You Download Windows 10 Installer On A Mac
- After connecting the USB drive to your Mac system, open Terminal.
- Key in “diskutil list” and press “Enter” key to see the list of connected drives and findyour USB drive’s name.
- Run the command “diskutil eraseDisk MS-DOS “WINDOWS10” GPT<drive name>@”.
- Download the .iso file on your Mac system.
- Key in the command “hdiutil mount ~/Downloads/WINDOWS10IMAGE.iso” to mount .iso image.
- Key in the command “cp -rp/Volumes/MOUNTED-ISO/* /Volumes/WINDOWS10/”.
- Run the command “hdiutil unmount/Volumes/MOUNTED-ISO” and then close Terminal.
Can I Download Windows 10 On Mac
Eject your USB drive, and the process would be complete.
Method 5: Use Disk Utility to Create USB on Mac
Put USB drive into your Mac system and launch Disk Utility.
- On the left, right-click on the chosen USB drive and format it with MS-DOS (FAT).
Drag the .iso file to the USB drive. This step will start the writing process of the .iso file on USB.
A Bonus Tip: The Professional Way to Recover Data from Windows 10 Bootable USB
Although most of the above methods to create Windows 10 bootable USB Mac are pretty straight forward, while executing these steps, you may end up losing some important data from the Windows bootable USB. If this happens, don’t be tensed. With the help of Tenorshare Windows Boot Genius, you can recover the lost data easily. Here’s how you can do this.
Can You Download Windows 10 On A Macbook Pro
Install and run this program on your system, click on “USB Flash Drive” and then on “Burn”.
This burned drive needs to be inserted in the system that won’t boot. Keep pressing the F12 key while doing so.
Run the program and from the main interface, click on “Data Recovery”.
Select the disk from which you wish to recover the data and then click on “Scan”.
Once you get the files, select them and click on “Recover”.
After this, the accidentally deleted or lost data and files will be recovered.
Windows 10 Download For Macbook Air
Can You Download Minecraft Windows 10 Edition On Mac
With the help of the above methods, you can easily create Windows 10 bootable USB on Mac High Sierra. The methods involving Terminal and Disk Utility are pretty complicated, while the other methods are fairly easy and effective. If, during the process, you accidentally lose out on some files and data, you can make use of Tenorshare 4DDiG for Mac Data Recovery to recover these files easily. It is recommended that to use Tenorshare Windows Boot Genius to recover lost data on windows 10, if you need.