It was in the year 2000 when the game MapleStory was first introduced and released. People loved it back then, until it suddenly went quiet for some time. Even so, it had built a huge fan base.
MapleStory Screens, Videos and Forum. Bootcamp is an utility that macs computer have which is like specifically to install in another partition of ur disk a windows using ur mac drivers its a really nice utility tho i do not recomend using it if ur not 100% sure of how to use it read guides/tutorials, there is no problem at all with it but making many partitions can be damaging to a disk its. In addition, you can click on the “Can you Run it” tool to test your system to see how it stacks up to the minimum specifications. We also recommend that you install the latest version of Microsoft DirectX for your system.
This 2D massively multiplayer online (MMO) takes players to the entirely different and fascinating Maple World, where they defeat monsters, develop their characters’ skills and abilities, and even engage in chatting and trading.
Doesn’t it all sound exciting? Unfortunately, Mac users wouldn’t feel the excitement as the game is not officially supported by macOS.
MapleStory was originally released for Windows, but a Nintendo version was created called MapleStory DS and an iOS version for iPad and iPhone devices, called MapleStory M, followed.
Maple Story How To Play MapleStory I have been playing Maplestory for almost 10 years, and throughout these 10 years I hadnt figured out how to play MapleStory on a Mac until now. Under the download section, there will be an option under VirtualBox platform packages named, OS X Hosts ( All Supported platforms (. There is a way to play it on mac without partitioning your HD. Download and install Parallels 8 (you can find a torrent if you don't want to buy it). I assume you have a windows disc or iso, if not buy one (or again torrent it) and setup windows with parallels. Now you're inside the virtual machine. Download maplestory. Now comes the important.
Now if you are a Mac gamer, do not feel disheartened because there is actually a way to play MapleStory on Mac. We’ll teach you how below:
Cloud-Based Streaming Service: GeForce NOW for Mac
The easiest and best way to play MapleStory on a Mac is by using NVIDIA’s newest cloud-based streaming service: GeForce NOW for Mac. As of this writing, the service is currently available in beta in select countries in Europe and the United States.
With GeForce NOW for Mac, Mac gamers can play any games from Battle.net or Steam, including MapleStory and MapleStory 2. And regardless of what Mac version they are using, they can run any graphic-demanding game if they want to. So how is this possible?
No, this isn’t any form of witchcraft or sorcery. It’s made possible by the NVIDIA server sites spread across the United States and Europe, where these sites are responsible for handling the processes required by these games.
Once you select a certain game that you want to play on your Mac, the impressive servers of NVIDIA will help you run the game remotely before sending the game to your Mac computer via the internet.
The best part about this service is that every game available on GeForce NOW for Mac has been optimized for streaming. That means Mac gamers can enjoy the best quality possible without having to experience any problems or tweak the graphics settings.
In addition, NVIDIA stores a cached version of each game available on Battle.net and Steam on their different servers, which means there’ll be minimal waiting time while the game downloads. After clicking the Play button, you should already be playing the game.
Then again, take note that the performance of the game will depend on your current internet speed and your distance to their servers. For example, if you have a high-speed internet and you live within 10 miles from a server site, then you will experience a better response than someone with a slow internet connection who is living in a remote area.
As of now, while the service is still in Beta mode, Mac gamers are already responding positively, despite internet speeds in most parts of the United Kingdom only reaching up to 200MB.
But due to the high levels of interest in NVIDIA’s service, interested Mac gamers will have to join a waiting list first to be able to test out GeForce NOW for Mac. As soon as they get access, they can easily sign into their Steam account, select MapleStory or MapleStory 2, and then hit that Play button. That’s it!
Apple Boot Camp Software
What if you don’t have a reliable or a high-speed internet connection to avail NVIDIA’s streaming service? There is still a way to play MapleStory on your Mac. However, it comes at a cost and it will also take a toll on your Mac’s performance and storage space.
But before you try this option, take note that this hasn’t been tested properly for MapleStory, hence you’ll mostly try it at your own risk.
If you want to give this option a go, you need to split your Mac hard drive so you can run Windows 10 on another partition using Apple’s Boot Camp software. You have to semi-permanently partition your hard disk drive and allocate a huge chunk of your Mac’s storage space to let this option work.
Maplestory For Mac
To ensure your success with this option, it is best that you provide the Boot Camp partition with as much storage space as possible because the game and the operating system will need it. MapleStory will require about 14GB of storage space, while Windows 10 will need around 20GB.
Of course, you can make changes in the size of the partition as soon as you have installed Windows 10, but be forewarned that doing so might trigger issues.
If you wish to proceed with this option so you can play MapleStory, you need to run Windows 10 on a Mac using Apple’s Boot Camp. Once installed, download and install Steam and MapleStory. After this, game on!
If the first two options don’t work or aren’t feasible for you, try using VirtualBox. Here’s what you should do:
- Download the latest version and its extension pack.
- Next, download the Windows 10 OS from the official Microsoft website.
- Install the VirtualBox VM.
- Once the installation is done, open it and click the New button to create a new virtual machine, which will be Windows 10.
- Give your new virtual machine a name, such as “Windows 10”. Click Continue.
- Follow the instructions until you are able to successfully create a new virtual machine.
- Click on the new virtual machine you created and click Run.
- You should now be able to run Windows 10 on your Mac. On your virtual machine, open Microsoft Edge and download MapleStory.
- Install it and you’re all set!
Play Story Download Mac
For quite a long time, Mac users were unable to play games like MapleStory. But thanks to the three options above, Mac users can finally participate in the action and enjoy all the games they want.
Before you go on and try any of these options, we suggest that you download and install Tweakbit Mac Repair first. This amazing tool will help clear valuable space and improve your Mac’s performance so you can enjoy playing MapleStory any time you want without experiencing lags or other speed-related issues.
Do you know other ways to play MapleStory on Mac? We’d like to know. Share them with us in the comments section below.
Photo Source: Wikimedia.org
Get ready to travel to an adorable 2D dream MMORPG world in MapleStory M, a marginally streamlined versatile adaptation of MapleStory. MapleStory M is the freshest versatile game from NEXON Company, which is sure to get you all hooked to its addictive gameplay.
The gameplay is not hard to master and can be played by people of any age group. Make up to five characters and be a Bishop, Dark Knight, Bowmaster , Night Lord , or Captain. Not just that, you can also very easily customize your characters, from their skin tone to their haircut, and procure restorative rigging to doll them up.
You will get to explore different maps in MapleStory M, for example, the Nihal Desert and Minar Forest, and discover dealers to purchase and offer merchandise. Start your voyage on Maple Island and handle the quests and Daily Tasks to take your game a step higher.
Moreover, you can also play with your friends or play solo in the Elite Dungeon, the choice is yours! or join a society with up to twenty individuals, pooling assets and becoming more grounded together. Another exciting part is you can also get pets that help you in your fights.
MapleStory M is available for Android Smartphone & tablet devices and can be downloaded from Google Play Store. This is a guide for playing MapleStory M on PC using operating system such as; Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 and MacOS/OS X without any hassle.
- The first and foremost step is to download an emulator. Here are using BlueStacks2, which in our opinion will give you a smooth game play on PC with some great functionalities.
- Once you are done Downloading & Installing the emulator, open it.
- Now the next step is to locate the Google Play Store Icon from the Home Screen of the emulator.
- Use the Search Box to find MapleStory M in Google Play Store.
- Click the App Icon to reveal Install Option.
- Wait for the App/Game to Download.
- The next thing that needs to be done is to open this Ap from the emulator’s menu.
- Use the Icon available to open the application.
- Play using it while you might also have the option to follow-up on screen instructions for your ease.
- Sit back, relax and enjoy the MapleStory M for PC.
- Before everything else, all you need to do is download Nox App Player.
- After you have downloaded the emulator, Launch it to get Started.
- Once opened, you will see various icons on the home-screen for performing various actions.
- Select Google Play Store amongst the available icons to proceed.
- Now search for “MapleStory M” in the search bar of the Google Play Store.
- Once you have found the desired App, Tap on the Three Dots to reveal Install Option.
- Click the Install button and wait for it to complete.
- After the Game/App has been downloaded, you will be able to find it in the Applications Tab of the emulator.
- Just tap on the MapleStory M icon to open and start playing right away.
- These are the easy-peasy steps that you need to follow to Download & Play MapleStory M on PC.
Using above steps, you were able to Download & Play MapleStory M on PC. Just in case you are facing some issue using these emulators, you can check our comprehensive guides on KO Player & Andy OS as well. Happy Gaming!