2020-09-11 18:05:49 • Filed to: Compare of Mac Software • Proven solutions
Like to have an Adobe Reader alternative for Mac to read PDF files? Adobe Acrobat Reader for Mac has various features for viewing PDFs, however, it requires users to purchase its various functions. Therefore, if you are looking for great alternatives to free Abode Reader for Mac, let this post help you with choosing the right one! This article will also tell you how to read and edit with the best Adobe Reader for Mac alternative.
Hello everyone, i'm an art major and require photoshop for my classes. My college provides a discount that allows us to get the creative cloud for $50. I have purchased this. I can't seem to install the Adobe DC on my mac. I downloaded it and opened the file, then pressed open when prompted and then nothing has happened It said to 1. Locate the downloaded file and double-click to mount the disk image. Double-click Install Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.
How To Download Adobe On Mac
5 Best Adobe Reader for Mac Alternative
How To Download Adobe On Macbook Air
PDFelement is a smart application for iMac, MacBook Pro and MacBook Air to read PDF files, draw attention to PDF content, change text, edit pages, and fill out PDF forms. It is compatible with macOS X 10.12, 10.13, 10.14 and 10.15 Catalina. And unlike Adobe Reader for Mac, it responds faster when you open a PDF file with it.
PDFelement is undoubtedly the best Adobe Reader for Mac competitor. Not only is it the most cost-efficient, but also incredibly feature-rich to cater to business as well as individual needs. Whether it is paragraph editing or changing various aspects of the font, PDFelement can be referred to as the superhero of PDF editing.
- Edit PDF files with complete ease
- Create and fill forms
- Layered security features
- Put your stamp on the PDF file
- Share your files without any trouble
- Split and merge pages and much more
- Annotate PDF files easily
- Create forms and save templates
- Password protection
- Put watermark on the file
- Ability to sign PDF files
- Convert, merge and split files with ease
Supported Systems: Mac, iOS, Windows, Android
Download Adobe On Mac
Download this Mac Adobe Reader alternative to have a try.
How to Use the Best Adobe Reader Alternative for Mac
1. Fill and Save PDF Forms
Adobe Reader cannot save filled PDF forms on the computer. It only lets you fill out a form for printing. As the best Mac Adobe Reader for Mac, PDFelement not only lets you fill a form, but also save forms with data filled. So after filling the form, you can email forms to people without going through the procedure of printing, scanning, and sending.
2. Change PDF text, images, and pages
If you like, you're capable of adding new text, correcting typos, adjusting images on a PDF file. With simple clicks, you're able to insert, extract, and delete PDF pages, merge, and split PDF files. And these are not available on Adobe Reader for Mac, but its alternative.
3. Convert PDF to Word Doc
To reuse PDF content, click 'File' > 'Export To' > 'Word' to export PDF to Microsoft Word. After the conversion, you can copy text and rearrange the content.
4. Display PDF documents in 4 modes
Adobe Reader for Macintosh display PDF documents in 2 modes: single and single continuous. As the best Adobe Reader for Mac, PDFelement lets you view PDF files in 4 modes: single, single continuous, facing, and facing continuous. For me, facing is really helpful when you need to check the info side by side.
5. A range of annotation tools to draw attention to PDF content
Of course, with Adobe Reader for Mac, you can highlight, underline, strikethrough PDF text, add sticky note and text box to comment the idea. Actually, PDFelement offers more intuitive tools to do the job. Aside from the features that have already been mentioned, there are also shape drawing tools available like circles, clouds, arrows, etc.
2) PDF Expert
PDF Expert is a popular PDF editing software for Mac. This simple yet professional program lets users add bookmarks, as well as edit text and images within your PDF file. This alternative to Adobe Reader for Mac has many robust features that let you annotate your file, such as by highlighting text, etc.
- Add or remove images, text, watermarks, etc.
- Implement signatures or passwords easily
- Split or merge PDF files
- Fill various forms in PDF format
- Capability to markup as well as annotate
- Supports a variety of file formats
- Equipped with professional tools
- Neat and clean interface
- Not very easy to use
- Does not have a setup wizard
- Features of the software are not very clear
- No OCR technology
Supported Systems: Mac, iOS
Skim is indeed a fully developed and well-rounded Adobe Reader for Mac alternative software that can be used for viewing and editing PDF files. It can be used for professional as well as scientific purposes. The software allows you to customize itself according to individual usage. The software can be used for providing previews and taking notes, amongst other things.
- Zoom in various elements using the magnifying tool
- Preview facility for links in the file
- Support for AppleScript
- Ability to highlight using swipe mode
- Can export the notes in text format
- Pinch zooming facility
- Ability to take snapshots
- Extra tools for lengthy PDF files
- Choose the colour of annotations
- Does not save texts in forms
- Does not have OCR function
- Not available for Windows Operating System
- Some tools don't work
- Bugs need to be fixed
Supported Systems: Mac
4) Free PDF Reader
If you are looking for a free Adobe Reader for Mac alternative and simple PDF viewer, then Free PDF Reader can be the software for you. The user interface of this program offers easy navigation that works well for any type of user. In fact, it is currently being used by more than 150 million users. It is a full-fledged PDF reader tool packaged with a variety of features while keeping it as simplistic as possible.
- Can be used to view various docs
- Ability to zoom the text
- Rotate the text in the file
- Various capacities for printing text
- View PDF files in a clear format
- A tutorial is available
- Guides on each step of the installation
- Save the file for future use
- Small size of the download
- Does not have editing features
- No advanced options available
- There are various ads
- No integration with other software
Supported Systems: Mac, Windows
5) Haihaisoft Reader for Mac
Hiahaisoft is an Adobe Reader for Mac alternative that is distinguished from other PDF readers and editors because of its small size. The total size of the installer amounts to only 3MB. Which is, of course significantly lower than another PDF reader such as Adobe Reader. The software has been designed while keeping the ease of use in mind, along with support for an assortment of languages.
- View all kinds of PDF documents
- Takes no time in switching on
- Read-protect your document
- Doesn't need a constant internet connection
- Reading all kinds of PDFs is easy
- Very small installation size
- Responsive and clutter-free design
- Various security and privacy features
- Printing PDFs create only blank pages
- Does not comply with PDF file's DRM
- Not very fast and stable
- Doesn't have many advanced features
Supported Systems: Mac, Windows
Price: 90 days fully functional free trial; Basic account- $50 per month; Premier account- $120 per month
Free Download or Buy PDFelement right now!
Free Download or Buy PDFelement right now!
Buy PDFelement right now!
Buy PDFelement right now!
Nov 29,2019 • Filed to: PDF Editor
When using Adobe Acrobat on Mac OS X Yosemite (Catalina included), you might find that Adobe Acrobat not working on Yosemite for unknown reasons, or they cannot edit PDF with Adobe Acrobat 9 on Mac Yosemite. If you have the problem of Adobe Acrobat not working on Yosemite, no worry, you can get help from an Adobe Acrobat for Yosemite alternative. Here is the best solution to fix Adobe Acrobat problems.
The Best Adobe Acrobat for Yosemite Alternative
PDFelement Pro - The Best Adobe Acrobat Alternative
PDFelement Pro (Catalina included) is the best Adobe Acrobat for Mac Yosemite alternative for you. This PDF tool comes with the same functions but cheaper than Adobe Acrobat. It can help you to edit PDF files with diversified editing tools. You can also annotate, mark up or leave comments to PDF. And it provides the security option allows you to protect your PDF with password. Besides, you can convert PDF to Word, Excel, PPT, HTML, Images and more, vise verse. (iSkysoft PDF Editor 6 Professional for Windows users is also available.)
Why Choose This Alternative to Adobe Acrobat for Yosemite:
- Easily edit, add, insert, and delete texts, images and pages in PDF files.
- Convert PDF to formats like MS Word, Excel, EPUB, HTML, Images, vise verse.
- You can combine, split and compress PDF, as well as delete, insert, rotate or crop PDF pages.
- Edit and convert scanned PDF as easy as a breeze. Support multiple OCR languages.
- The best PDF editor for Yosemite, EL Capitain, and macOS Sierra.
How to Edit PDF with Adobe Acrobat for Yosemite Alternative
Step 1. Edit PDF Texts, Images, Links, and More
Launch this Adobe Acrobat for Mac Yosemite Alternative. Click the 'Open File' option to select the PDF document you want and import it to the program. Then your PDF file will be opened with the program.
In the main interface, click the 'Edit' button on the top toolbar, then you can double click anywhere on the PDF file to add or delete texts. And you can double click on the image to replace, crop or extract it from the file. It will be the same way to edit links and other elements in PDF file.
Step 2. Annotate and Mark up PDF on Mac Yosemite (Catalina included)
By clicking the 'Comment' button, you can find annotation and markup tools like Sticky Note, Text Box, Links, Arrow, Line, Freehand Drawing, and more. You can double click anywhere on the PDF and select the texts to place the annotations. To highlight PDF, you can click the 'Highlight' button on the top right corner of the interface.
Step 3. Convert PDF to Word, PPT, Excel, etc.
To convert PDF to other formats, you can click the 'Convert PDF' in the launch interface. And you will get a pop-up window to import the PDF files. And then select the output format and start the conversion.
To convert multiple PDF, you can click on the 'Batch Processing' in the main interface, and then click the 'Add Files' button to select the PDF files from your local hard drive and import them to the program. Then click the format option on the top right corner to choose an output format. And specify the pages you want to convert and click the 'Convert' button to start the conversion.
Step 4. Fill out and Create PDF Form with Adobe Acrobat for Yosemite Alternative
To fill out PDF form, you first open the PDF form with the program. And click 'Form' and then you can start to fill out PDF form.
If you want to create a PDF form, you can download a built-in Form Template. Then go to 'Form' to launch the form building tools to customize the form.