- Can I Download Outlook On My Macbook
- Outlook 2019 For Mac Download
- Can I Download Outlook On My Mac Os
- Microsoft Outlook allows you to add other email accounts, such as Gmail, to your account so that you can use Outlook as your primary email client.
- You can add your Gmail account to Outlook using both a PC and a Mac, but the process is slightly different between the two.
I’ve been a Microsoft Office for Mac user for a long time but I keep reading about the terrific things that Apple Mail can do, and I’d therefore really like to export my Outlook data. I’ve seen a lot of cluttered and disorganized Downloads folders on Mac. A lot.For me, at least, it’s much easier to keep my downloaded files cleaned up and organized if I download to my Desktop which I’m constantly looking at then to download to the downloads folder which I don’t pay attention to until it gets too cluttered to find anything.
If you have a Gmail account, but prefer to use the Microsoft Outlook interface for your email communications, you're in luck.
Outlook allows you to add your Gmail account to your Outlook account so that you can access both simultaneously within Outlook.
Can I Download Outlook On My Macbook
Here's how to connect your Gmail account to Outlook on either a PC or a Mac.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
Apple Macbook Pro (From $1,299.00 at Apple)
Acer Chromebook 15 (From $179.99 at Walmart)
How to add Gmail to Outlook on a PC
1. With your Outlook inbox open, click on the 'File' tab in the upper left corner of the screen.© Chrissy Montelli/Business Insider Select 'File' in the upper left corner. Chrissy Montelli/Business Insider
2. Click on 'Add account.'© Chrissy Montelli/Business Insider Select 'Add Account' in the upper left of the screen. Chrissy Montelli/Business Insider
3. Type the Gmail address you want to add to your Outlook account, then click 'Connect.'© Chrissy Montelli/Business Insider Type in your Gmail address and click 'Connect.' Chrissy Montelli/Business Insider
It might take a few minutes to fully load.© Chrissy Montelli/Business Insider Wait while Outlook loads your new account. Chrissy Montelli/Business Insider
4. The next steps involve signing into your Gmail account. Type in your Gmail address again and click 'Next.'
Outlook 2019 For Mac Download© Chrissy Montelli/Business Insider Type your Gmail address again and hit 'Next.' Chrissy Montelli/Business Insider
5. Type in your password and click 'Sign in.'© Chrissy Montelli/Business Insider Type your password to finish signing in. Chrissy Montelli/Business Insider
6. Click 'Allow.'© Chrissy Montelli/Business Insider Click 'Allow' to let Outlook access your Gmail account. Chrissy Montelli/Business Insider
7. If the process was completed successfully, you should see a window confirming that your account has been added. Click 'Done' to finalize the changes.© Chrissy Montelli/Business Insider Your Gmail account has now been added and will appear on the left bar. Click 'Done.' Chrissy Montelli/Business Insider
How to add Gmail to Outlook on a Mac
1. Open Outlook, click on 'Preferences,' then click on 'Accounts.'
2. Click on the plus sign icon ('+') and then click 'New Account.'
3. Type in your Gmail address and password as though you are signing into Gmail, and click 'Add Account' when you are finished.
4. Click 'Continue,' then 'Sign in to Google.'
5. Click on your Gmail account, type in your password, and then click 'Next.'
6. Click 'Allow,' then 'Open Microsoft Outlook.'
7. Click 'Done' when you are finished and your Gmail emails should now appear in Outlook.
Related coverage from Tech Reference:-->
Original KB number: 2800895
We do not recommend that you change the default location of your Profile folder for Microsoft Outlook 2016 for Mac, or your Identity folder for Microsoft Outlook for Mac 2011 to an external hard disk or to a network. Additionally, using a mail identity or profile that is located on an external hard disk or on a network is not supported in either version of Outlook for Mac.
Outlook 2016 for Mac caches your mail items in a profile in your home folder at the following location:
~/Library/Group Containers/UBF8T346G9.Office/Outlook/Outlook 15 Profiles
Can I Download Outlook On My Mac Os
Outlook for Mac 2011 caches your mail items in an identity in your home folder at the following location:
~/Documents/Microsoft User Data/Office 2011 Identities
Like Microsoft Entourage for Mac 2008, Outlook 2016 for Mac and Outlook for Mac 2011 are intended to be purely locally cached mail clients. Changing the location or using a mail identity that is located on an external hard disk or a network is not supported.