Do you want to set up Hulu in Canada in 2019? Are you wondering why Hulu is not available in Canada in the first place? To put simply, it goes down to rights to content. Some companies in other countries have exclusive rights to some of the content on Hulu, and Hulu, unlike Netflix shows content the day after it airs. It’s a lot harder to get rights to show something a day after it airs than a year after it airs. That’s why Hulu is not available in Canada or anywhere else outside of the US, explained in the simplest form.
- How to Watch Hulu Offline on a Mac or Download Video From Hulu Unfortunately, downloading Hulu content on a Mac is not directly supported. You may be able to record your screen, but the video quality would be poor, and you may not capture the audio.
- Jun 30, 2019 This apears to be true for my iPad 2 and 3 that have the iOS 9.3.5 versions of Hulu and the Hulu app put up a message saying they ended support for my older Hulu versions on those devices. However, I JUST took out my original, 9-year old, 1st gen, 2010 iPad with an even older version of the Hulu app.
On Apple devices, to set Up Hulu in Canada, you will need to have the Hulu app as you can’t watch from your browser, unless you of course watch from your Mac. To do that, here are the steps you need to follow: Sign out of your iCloud. Make a new iCloud account with your location in the US. Sign back into your old account if you.
- It’s hard to get exclusive (or even non-exclusive) rights to TV shows in several different countries when it comes to content that just aired.
That doesn’t mean you can’t watch Hulu in Canada though. Whether you live 100 km or 1 km from the US, you can watch Hulu in Canada with this tutorial.
So How Do You Set up Hulu in Canada in 2019?
There are 3 steps to setting up Hulu in Canada in 2019.
- You need to have a valid American payment method for registration.
- You need to fool Hulu into thinking that you are in the US.
- Oh, and you need to download the Hulu app which isn’t as easy as it seems.
We’ll go through all of these, one by one.
The Hardest Step If You Want to Set up Hulu in Canada in 2019
The first step isn’t the most important in terms of getting Hulu to work in Canada, but all of these need to be completed as otherwise, Hulu won’t work anyway.
For registration, you need to provide a valid American card.
That’s the hardest step as getting an American card meaning that the card is issued in the US is not easy.
If you aren’t a resident of Canada and ever tried to go to the US, you would know how much of a struggle it can be at times. Anything American is a struggle for most people outside of the US. Ironically, Hulu is a great example of that. You had to search for why is Hulu not available in Canada and how to set up Hulu in Canada in 2019...
We Have a Few Ideas How You Can Get an American Card to Set Hulu up in Canada in 2019:
- Ask your American friend to help you out and pay for you. Pay them extra if needed or offer to share your account. Or if they are good friends, they might just do it because they care about your entertainment!
- If you don’t have anybody that will offer you their card, maybe somebody you know already has a Hulu account. Ask them if they can share or otherwise offer to pay them half of the subscription, or even all of it if you are that desperate to set up Hulu in Canada in 2019.
- Buy a prepaid card. Not all of the prepaid cards work with Hulu, but if you do some research and find a card that works with Hulu at the time you are searching, get it. Whether by ordering online or by going to the US to get it directly.
- Buy a virtual card. This is the least likely method to work, but it might be the most time-effective method if you are in a rush to set up Hulu in Canada.
One of these four methods will get you access to Hulu, but ultimately, you only need a card to register. After that, you can buy a Hulu gift card instead.
We aren’t going to go through how to register your account. It’s pretty simple. It’s just like registering on any other website. Just make sure to provide an American address, of course.
You can use an address generator for that.
The Most Important Step If You Want to Set up Hulu in Canada in 2019
You were wondering why Hulu is not available in Canada. Rights to shows are the reason. Hulu knows that it would be easy to access Hulu in Canada or any other region if just geo-blocked Hulu.
That’s why there are several steps needed to be taken to access Hulu. First was registering. Now it’s making Hulu think that you are in the US instead of Canada.
Hulu knows that you are not in the US. How do you fool it? By being in the US virtually.
A VPN is how you do it.
No need to get into the specifics of it but to put simply, a VPN allows you to change your location to be anywhere in the world depending on the servers the service you are using has.
For this step, however, it’s not enough to just have a VPN. You need a VPN that works with Hulu. Services like Netflix, Hulu, BBC, Amazon Prime, and so on, know that people can use VPN services to bypass geo-blocks.
You might have already been aware of VPN services prior and downloaded one for Hulu yet still ended up searching for why Hulu is not available in Canada and how to set it up. It’s because that VPN service had servers in the US, but they weren’t for Hulu.
At PrivateVPN we have working Hulu servers. Does that mean you need to sign up with us? No, it doesn’t.
But you are already here meaning you probably care about accessing the likes of American Netflix or Amazon Prime, and we are the best VPN service for accessing not just the American Netflix but most of Netflix services by offering the widest support for Netflix. The American Netflix might have the most content, but it doesn’t have it all because somebody else might already have rights to the certain content that’s available in the US.
Make an account with us. Download our client either by scrolling to the bottom of our page or by searching for us in your app store, and connect to one of our Hulu supported servers whether that’s on your iPhone, iPad, Android, Amazon Fire TV Stick, or your computer.
And that’s how you can set up Hulu in Canada in 2019, except, on most devices, that’s not actually it as there some extra steps you need to take as downloading the app isn’t as easy.
How to Set up Hulu in Canada in 2019 on Apple Devices
On Apple devices, to set Up Hulu in Canada, you will need to have the Hulu app as you can’t watch from your browser, unless you of course watch from your Mac.
To do that, here are the steps you need to follow:
Best Hulu Shows
- Sign out of your iCloud.
- Make a new iCloud account with your location in the US.
- Download Hulu.
- Sign back into your old account if you wish to.
Why do you need to do this?
As while you could in theory just change your location on your current account, but you will lose all of your data then. And you don’t want that, right?
How to Set up Hulu in Canada in 2019 on Android Devices
On Android devices, this works a bit differently to Apple devices. Here you actually need to change your location on your current account.
- Go to payments.google.com and click on Settings followed by pressing the Country tab.
- Select Canada as your country and put in a Canadian address.
- After you finish with that, go to Settings, click on Apps, and select the Google Play Store. Press Force Stop. Lastly, go into Storage, find the Google Play Store again, and clear data.
- That should let you see Hulu in the Play Store. And if it doesn’t, repeat force stopping and clearing data.
How to Set up Hulu in Canada in 2019 on the Amazon Fire TV Stick
Unlike the likes of the Chromecast, the Amazon Fire TV Stick allows for downloads of apps meaning you can get a VPN on it giving it a major advantage.
But to set up Hulu in Canada on the Amazon Fire TV Stick is actually the second hardest thing in this tutorial.
- Go to amazon.ca on your web browser and sign into your account. Press Your Account and on Content and Devices.
- There you will be able to change your region. You need to change it to be in the US, of course.
The problem you might have here is that while you might be able to change your region is that if you try to download Hulu, you might have a problem as you might get an error. This is due to the fact that Hulu is not available in Canada and the fact that you have a Canadian card added.
This might not be an issue for some though depending on their bank/card but something that might be a problem. However, since you need an American card to set up Hulu in Canada in 2019, this should not be that big of a problem for you anyway.
You will need to sign out of your Amazon account on your Fire TV Stick or Cube for your location to update either way. To do that, on your device, go to Settings followed by My Account, and Amazon Account. And lastly, press Deregister. That will require you to sign in again.
After that, you should be able to download and access Hulu in Canada in 2019 or any other year.
This Is Why Hulu Is Not Available in Canada and How to Set up Hulu in Canada in 2019
We explained the why and we also explained how to set it up. Hopefully we solved your issues, and if not, reach out to our award winning customer service. We’ll help you out!
Can I Download Hulu Shows On My Mac Catalina
And in the meantime, check out our other tutorials on our blog. Whatever entertainment platform you need to access, we pretty much wrote about it, and if we didn’t, let us know!
Written by Michael Smolski.